12.07.2010

center of attention

I must admit, I love a great centerpiece.  However, my husband and I only have a small pub style table that we rarely eat at.  Though, it's Christmastime so anything goes!  I started off with one of the glass vases I had left over from my wedding candy buffet (all found at thrift stores).   I put some of my FREE Christmas tree clippings inside the vase and added some of the left over ornaments(12 for $1 at Dollar Tree) from my other projects and also added some larger red glitter ornaments I picked up from A.C. Moore for less than a dollar for a pack of 5!
I decided to use a platter I had for the base.  It is a platter that I got a few years back, it matches my dishes...nothing super fancy.  I put some of my beloved Christmas tree clippings down on the platter and placed the now filled vase in the center.  I then used three of the large red sparkly ornaments to put in from of the vase and used green sparkly present ornaments (each only $1 at Wal Mart) to put on each side of the vase.  I threw in a few little berry thingies I had left over and filled in any gaps with smaller Christmas tree branches.  OH, I'm in love with this centerpiece!  I'm even more in love with the minuscule price tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...