12.21.2010

unusually good

Yesterday I gave you the recipe my mom uses to make peanut butter fudge.  I promised I would give you another recipe that uses a unique ingredient.  Believe it or not, this recipe involves cheese!  My brother-in-law found the recipe and enjoys making it just to tell those eating it that it contains cheese!

You will need:
1/2 pound Velveeta cheese, sliced
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 16 oz boxes of confectioners sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
Square pan, sprayed with non-stick spray
Saucepan

How to make it:
Over medium heat, in saucepan, melt cheese and butter together, stirring constantly until smooth
Add in peanut butter and stir until smooth
Remove form heat, add vanilla and nuts (if desired)
Pour sugar into large bowl, pour cheese mixture into bowl, stir until completely mixed
Remove candy from bowl and press evenly and firmly into pan
Refrigerate until firm, cut into squares

Can you believe it?  I didn't the first time he served me his cheese peanut butter fudge.  I guarantee not one of your guests will be able to guess your secret ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...