12.20.2010

a fantasy of fudge

Every year around Christmas my mom whips up a storm in the kitchen.  She makes cakes, cookies, candied nuts and fudge.  I want to share with you the recipe for what was my favorite treat as a kid.  Peanut Butter fudge!  Now, I have two recipes, one that my mom uses and one that my brother-in-law found using quite a unique ingredient.  The one my mom makes is called fantasy fudge...how fitting!



You will need:
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk (5 1/3 fl. oz can)
7oz jar of marshmallow creme
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 heaping tablespoons creamy style peanut butter
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 1/2 quart heavy saucepan
13x9 inch pan (greased)



What to do:
Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy 2 1/2 quart sauce pan, bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly
Continue boiling five minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching
Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter
Add marshmallow creme, vanilla and nuts (if desired)
Beat until well blended
Pour into pan
Cool at room temperature, cut into squares

I'm telling you...this stuff is SO good!  It is actually quite simple to make as well.  We usually let it cool in the fridge (to speed up the process) and then keep it in the fridge until ready to serve.  My mo likes her fudge with nuts but my sister and I don't.  So, she uses a piece of cardboard dividing the pan in half and makes the batch half with nuts and half with out.  Whichever you choose is sure to be a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...