2.26.2011

dirty stove? clean it up!

So, much like my carpets...my stove hasn't seen much cleaning love since we moved in! However, moving out means cleaning up...so it's getting its fair share of cleaning love this week! Oh, and it is completely okay to be totally grossed out by the picture to the left...I am!
I don't know about you, but I'm no professional in the kitchen (surprise, I know!) so, my burner drip pans get a lot of use!  I remember the first time I noticed how bad they looked (about six months ago) and wanted to be a good wife and clean them up.  I took the burners and drip pans out and started to just scrub away...yeah, that didn't work!  So, I looked up online how to clean the stove drip pans and I found something that worked!

What you need:
Baking Soda
Water
Pan big enough to submerge a drip pan in
Tongs (to remove the hot drip pan)

What to do:
Bring pot full of water to a boil (I know, you have to use the stove for this...which you are trying to clean.)
Pour in 1/4 cup baking soda into boiling water
Submerge drip pan in mixture and let boil for 15 minutes.  So...I left mine in for AT LEAST 20 minutes, because they were SO bad.  If you have normal dirty drip pans, 15 minutes should do the trick
Remove the drip pan from the boiling water and wash as normal.


The grime and gunk should come right off...most all of mine did but once again, I had A LOT of crap on my drip pans.  Doing this process a few times would probably loosen up that stubborn gunk.  Let's take a look at the before and after of my gross drip pans.


I'm quite pleased with the outcome!

4 comments:

  1. my burners are so bad! The old owners must never have cleaned them and even though I bought the house almost 2 years ago, I've only added to the gunk! Thanks for sharing this! I will be trying this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this I am getting ready to move out of the place that I rent now to move into a home that I am buying and Ive been trying to find a way to clean them lol definitely trying this out tomorrow thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably THE most freaking amazing cleaning hack I've come across yet! Thank you for sharing this! I just tried it and all my burners came out looking like BRAND NEW! I'm quite pleased with the way they look and I can't thank you enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This worked better than I could have imagined! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...