12.27.2010

creamy cheesy cake

My Aunt made a cheesecake for Christmas day and it was just so pretty!!  I think Cheesecake looks so delicious but, I just don't care for cream cheese..quite the dilemma, I know!  Don't fret...I had my husband try it!  He said it was quite the tasty little treat!
I was thinking of my sweet, loyal readers and wanted to share it with you.  Aunt Shelly sent me the recipe as soon as she got home Christmas night and now I have it to share with you.  How exciting!

What you need:
1 1/2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
3 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
4 8oz PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
9 inch spring form pan (she used a pie dish because she didn't have a spring form pan)
Mixer

How to make it:
Heat oven to 325
Mix graham crumbs, 3 tbsp sugar and butter (she added a few shakes of cinnamon...mmmmm), press into bottom of spring form pan
Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended
Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speeds after each just until blended
Pour over crust
Bake 55 minutes or until center is almost set
Loosen cake from rim of pan (or not, if you aren't using a spring form pan)
Refrigerate four hours
Top with fresh fruit just before serving

How easy is that?  I never tried to make cheesecake before because I assumed it would be so hard to do.  Now that I have this recipe my husband may get to eat it more often!  Since this is a very basic recipe I might even try adding a few things to see how he likes it.  He had Kahlua cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory and loved it, I might try that sometime!  Oh, the ideas running through my head are endless!

I just wanted to share with you the woman who gave me this recipe...look at how cute she is!  Thanks  Aunt Shelly for the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. You are the sweetest!!! Love you bunches,
    XOXO Aunt Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...