11.29.2010

me encanta el tocino (I love bacon)

I am just like my mother!  She goes to a restaurant, orders her dish, inspects is upon arrival and declares 'I can make this.'  She often then does.  Some of our favorite family dishes are copycats of restaurant dishes.  Well, my husband introduced me to one of my favorite new dishes, bacon chicken and cheese quesadillas (if you didn't guess that already).
My wonderfully magnificent husband decided to make us some today for lunch.  Might I just say "delicioso!"  Here's how we did it

Ingredients:
2 flour tortillas per quesadilla
bacon pieces
cooked chicken pieces
shredded cheese
*optional: green onions, ranch dressing

We cooked ours on a griddle (got it for a wedding present...love it!).  We first sprayed the griddle down with non-stick cooking spray.  We put one tortilla down per quesadilla and added some cheese, the bacon and the chicken.  Let the tortilla cook, letting the cheese melt.  Add a little more cheese and the top tortilla.  Carefully flip the quesadilla over, letting the second tortilla brown some.  The two should stick together fairly well because of the cheesy glue holding them together.  Once your tortilla is done, transfer to a plate and cut in fourths.  Enjoy your tasty little treat...we sure did!
Tips: Use smaller tortilla shells if you are wanting to cook multiple quesadillas at a time.  Make sure your cheese goes all the way to the edges or you will get bites of tortilla shell.  To  make on the stove, simply use a frying pan coated with a thin layer of cooking oil or non-stick cooking spray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...