11.06.2010

chicken on the rocky side

*not the greatest pic...I was hungry!

My mom is the type who will go to a restaurant and order something, look it over and say "I could make this."  Then she would go home and attempt the dish.  One dish that became an instant hit at my house is Rocky Top Chicken.  I love to make this chicken and love even more to eat it!

You will need:
Broiler pan (looks like two cookie sheets that sit on top of each other but one has slits in it, you put water in the bottom pan)
Oven preheated to 350

Ingredients:
boneless, skinless chicken breast (1 for each guest, thaw before cooking)
bar-b-que sauce
salt and pepper
shredded cheese
bacon bits (we like to cut bacon up and fry it to make fresh bacon bits, super delicious!)

Sallt and pepper the chicken breasts on either side.  Place them on the broiler pan and put in oven for 15 minutes.  Turn chicken over and cook for another 15 minutes.  Spoon or brush bar-b-que sauce on one side of the chicken, cook for 5 minutes.  Turn chicken over and spoon of brush bar-b-que sauce on other side and cook for a final 5 minutes.  Once chicken is done, remove from over and put on a platter.  Sprinkle shredded cheese and bacon bits over top.  There you have it...delicious chicken!

In the restaurants they usually put tomato and green onions on the chicken as well, but I'm not a big fan of either.  Also, if you use smaller pieces of chicken you can cut down on the cook time.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD! Your mom made this when Amber and I came home with Christy one weekend. Do you remember that? This is a regular meal in our house too and has spread to my parents' house. My brothers love this meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I do remember! This is a regular in our house too, it's one of those things I make when people are coming over to impress a bit but not kill myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...