11.21.2010

it really stacks up

Ok, I am SO excited to share this project with you!  I saw the idea on Thrifty Decor Chick's blog and could not wait to try it myself.  I am so incredibly happy with the outcome and quite proud of the minuscule price tag!  I headed down to my local Dollar Tree and picked up two glass candlestick holders, they had about a zillion of them.  I also picked up a tall vase that sort of swoops out at the top...I couldn't resist.  I took my fabulous finds home and removed the price tags.  This was a bit of a chore though, my prized goo gone worked quite well!  I heated up my glue gun and got to work.  I put a line of glue around the top rim of the candlestick.  I put the vase on top of the candlestick and pressed down.  I stood back and was in absolute awe of my favorite new piece of decor.
I had some packages of leaves left over from my finishings of fall post and just filled up the vase with those.  Repeating these similar items makes for a theme, as I mentioned before.
I had bought two candlesticks and knew just what I wanted to do with the other.  I took the middle vase from my finishings of fall post and added the candlestick to the bottom as I did with the other vase.  I loved it!  I mean, I loved the grouping of vases before but I really love it now.  Giving the middle vase height really adds interest.
Let me just share with you what I think may be the best part...my first vase total cost: $3 ($2 if you don't include the filler) and my grouping remake total cost: $1!  I hope this inspires you to get creative because these vases are sahhh-weeeeet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...