11.17.2010

a classic all grown up

My husband requested that I make him some peanut butter cookies one night while he was at work.  I had just bought a packet of mix and was more than happy to fill this request.  However, I wanted to do something a wee bit out of the ordinary and make something unique.  On the back of the package was a recipe that I decided to try.  I mixed up the cookie mix as directed on the package.  Now, I do have a recipe for a homemade peanut butter cookie dough but...I was not about to make all that mess for just a regular day.  If it was for Thanksgiving, Christmas even New Years I would have gone the extra mile...but come on, let's keep this simple!
Once I had the dough mixed I added some miniature chocolate chips.  I had regular size ones too but I chose the cute little bitty ones!  I put the dough into a 8x8 inch glass pan, the recipe called for 9x13 but I had cake in that one!  With the difference in pan size I did have to cook it a little bit longer.  The recipe called for a layer of chocolate made from melted chocolate chips.  I wanted to make sure my husband would like the cookie bar before I used extra chocolate chips, so I skipped that part.  Once the dish was made I simply cut it up into squares.
My husband loved the cookie bars!  What a success!  Next time I will add the layer of chocolate, it just looked so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...