1.14.2011

with the band

For Christmas my little sister asked for an arm band for her Ipod touch.  My husband and I both have an Ipod touch as well and he has an arm band for when he works out.  One night I decided I would use it at work...yeah, that didn't happen.  It was too big for my arm.  I admit, I have small arms (trust me, this grass is no greener than yours) so the arm band literally slid down to my wrist.  I was frustrated.  When my little sister asked for one, I knew there was NO WAY a normal one would fir her, she has smaller arms than I do.  So, I said my famous phrase "I can make that" and did!
I am so sorry I haven't posted this earlier, you see when I made something I make it with no pattern.  So, the first one is usually the trial, seeing what works best.  The second one I make is the one that I really know what I'm doing and can explain.  I had no reason to make a second arm band...until now!  My little sisters friend asked for one, so I said 'of course, I need to share this with my bloggies'!

Fabric 1: Zebra
Fabric 2: Green

What you need:
Cut out of Fabric 1:
(2) 5 1/4 x 6 1/2 inch - we'll call these smaller panels
(2) 5 1/4 x 7 1/2 inch - we'll call these larger panels
Cut out of Fabric 2:
(4) 6 x 2 inch - we'll call these arm bands
Other stuff you need
2 inch velcro strip
4 inch velcro strip
Sewing machine
Coordinating thread

What to do:
First sew the two smaller panels together as you would a pillow (pattern facing pattern, inside out) leaving one side unsewn, this will be the bottom.  Turn the finished panel right side out


Next, sew one side of the 2 inch strip of velcro onto the middle of the top of one of the larger panels.  Sew the two larger panels together as you did the smaller panels, leaving the bottom unsewn.  Turn the finished panel right side out


Sew the second side of the 2 inch strip of velcro onto the middle of the top of the finished smaller panel.
Set your two finished panels aside.

Sew one strip of the 4 inch velcro to one end of one of the arm bands.  Sew one of the unused arm bands to the newly velcro-ed arm band as you would a pillow, leaving the bottom unsewn.  Turn the newly finished arm band right side out.  Do the same for the second strip of 4 inch velcro.  Continue to make the second finished arm band.

Clasp the two arm bands together using the velcro.  Lay the larger finished panel down with the velcro facing up.
Lay the smaller finished panel on top of the larger finished panel also with the velcro facing up.

Place the clasped arm bands between the two panels, centering on one side (one side of the clasped arm bands will be sticking out a lot, but we will take care of that).

Stitch down the side you centered the bands on and then across the bottom of the panels.

Now, tuck the end of the arm bands that is sticking out a lot into the pouch you just made.  Be sure to leave a small amount hanging out to attach.

Stitch up this side as well.

Turn your case right side out.




giveaways

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! I need to make one for myself =D

    You "AMAZE ME"! Thank you for linking up to the "Amaze Me Monday" blog party!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...