5.02.2011

the 'everything stew' of appetizers

One night while sitting at home I decided I wasn't hungry enough for a whole meal...and didn't want to clean all the dishes that came with it.  I decided I would make something light and quick.  I had no idea what, though!  What I did know was that I had some specific cravings...cheese, bacon and crescent rolls.  So naturally, I decided to join the three and made a delicious little snack that I want to share with you!

Don't worry, I didn't eat ALL of them that night.  What was left my brother-in-law and two sister-in-laws heated up and ate.  They even said they were good...so it's not just me!!

I can't wait to have a party of get together so that I can whip up this little treat to share with more people!

Here's how I did it:

What you need:
1 package frozen crescent rolls
Bacon (I used one strip per crescent roll)
Shredded or sliced cheese of your choice
Preheated oven (look for temperature on your crescent roll package)
Cookie Sheet
Frying Pan

What to do:


First, cook the bacon.  Oh, I LOVE love LOVE bacon.  It is hands down my favorite food; I could eat it any time of day!  Set the bacon on a paper towel covered plate to soak up some of the grease.


Next, unroll your crescent rolls and lay each one flat on a cookie sheet, they should be in the shape of triangles.


Place one piece of bacon on the flat side of the triangle directly across from the long, skinny point.  I cut the strips in half so that it did not stick out so far from the crescent roll.


Put some cheese on top of the bacon.  I used shredded cheese one some and sliced cheese on the others.  They both turned out delicious.


Holding the bacon and cheese in place, roll the flat edge towards the skinny point.  Keep rolling until you have the crescent roll shape


I put a little bit of cheese on the top of each crescent roll...to make it pretty...because I also love cheese!

Bake the crescent rolls according to the directions on the packaging.


Take the stuffed crescent rolls out of the oven and let cool down for a few minutes.  Remove from the pan and enjoy this glorious little treat!

2 comments:

  1. Greetings! I'm over from the Homemaker on a Dime Party, and your photo hooked me! YUM! I am going to have to try this. They look delicious! I too love both bacon and cheese. Thanks for sharing.
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!

    Linking this up with us made the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop better and more special. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...