5.26.2011

trip of love - day four, last day

The day had come.  Our last day with my hubby.  It was Sunday morning and my husbands only request was that he didn't have to go to church on base.  As much as it was a blessing to have an 'escape' or sorts for some downtime each week, he missed our church terribly and told me so each week during our phone calls.

We picked him up, once again at 0900 (9:00 am) on the dot! We were unable to find a church that we felt comfortable attending within the limits that he was allowed to go in.  We emailed a few pastors from home who recommended some churches.  Though, we settled on going down to the Alamo and walking around downtown San Antonio with our parents.


We had heard that the River Walk was a nice place to visit, so we headed down that way.  However, when we got there we learned that the mall did not open until noon!  We decided to walk around the historic areas, like the Alamo.  However, the Alamo was not open either!  That didn't stop me from taking pictures of my sweet hubby...I just can't get enough of him!


We walked around a bit and went into a few stores before stopping for our last group picture

My Dad, My Mom, Matt's Mom, Matt and I at the Alamo

We left downtown and went back to the hotel for Matt to finish packing all of his civilian clothing and for us to check our of our hotel.  We then went for some Japanese for lunch...it's kind of our favorite!  We ate a delicious lunch and then headed back to the base.  It was a quiet and solemn ride, quite a change from just three days earlier!


We got on base, for the last time and picked up a few things Matt needed to buy.  We filled up the rental car with gas and then it was time to say goodbye.  I thought it was hard to say goodbye the first time he left...talk about a broken heart and tear filled eyes!

However, I have gotten calls from him, he is now at Tech School in California and settling in.  I will be going to visit him for our first anniversary in July and his birthday in September.  He also bought me a new computer with a built in camera so that we can Skype.  As hard as it will be to be SO far away from him at least I can actually talk to him and will be able to see his cute little face!  He's three hours behind my time so when he wakes up at 0500 (5:00 am) he can call and say good morning and it's 0800 (8:00 am) here!

Through this whole process we have both learned and grown so much more than we could have imagined.  God taught us a lot of lessons...including the lesson to just trust Him when we don't know what is going on.  He is still growing us and stretching our faith and teaching us.  Both Matt and I are so thankful for everyone who has prayed a prayer for us or even just sent a sweet word of encouragement our way.  You have no idea how much it meant to us both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...