10.12.2010

instant goodness

Growing up, I never ate instant potatoes.  To this day, I may have eaten them a total of maybe two or three times ever!  Well, a co-worker told me about a recipe for baked breaded chicken using instant potato flakes.  I was intrigued and quite frankly a little grossed out.  Well, I decided to take the plunge and try the dish in an effort to 'be a better wife' by making a better variety of foods for my husband and I.  It turns out the recipe was quite simple and my husband and I both enjoyed it a lot.  I now and no longer prejudice towards instant spuds and I am glad for that.

Here is the recipe I used

1/3 cup potato flakes (half package of Winn Dixie brand)
1/6 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (I just went half way to the 1/3 line on the measuring cup)
(optional - seasonings for flavor)
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts

1. Preheat oven to 375 and grease baking sheet
2. Defrost chicken breats (if frozen)
3. Melt butter
4. Mix potato flakes, cheese and seasonings in a bowl until well blended
5. Brush melted butter onto chicken breats
6. Coat the butter covered chicken breasts with your breading mixture
7. Bake chicken for 40-60 minutes

I was a tad bit worried that the chicken would turn out dry or just plain taste nasty!  Though, to my surprise the chicken was neither dry nor nasty!  I was in awe and am so excited about having a new dish to serve!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of this 'potato flake' chicken recipe a long time ago, and I've never tried it. Your photo looks so good, that I think I will now!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...