3.04.2011

friday update #1

As you may know (I've only mentioned it a million times because we are SO excited) my husband and I just recently moved.  Now we've got a whole house to decorate!  Knowing me, I will never be finished decorating, rearranging and redoing all the rooms we now have.  So every Friday I will show you what 'updates' I've made in my house.  Some weeks it may be one room, other weeks (when I get motivated) it may be more.  This will 1) help to motivate me in getting all those projects on my 'to-do list' checked and 2) hopefully inspire SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE to create something wonderful in their own space.


This week we will focus on the one room we have done...the guest bathroom.  I have to admit, the only reason this room is done is because it's everything we had in our only bathroom in our last apartment.  But hey, at least it's done...right?!

So, here it is...


 I know, I know...the shot of green is a little off...but, it was on sale at Wal-Mart when I first moved into our last apartment and at the time...it worked.  I'm looking for a replacement...that's on awesome sale!

Yes, that is a basket of magazines on the floor...we want our guest to be comfy...at ALL times!!

Now, a shot of the sink area.
 

Oh, I just LOVE the brown, orange and yellow with that unexpected shot of light blue!  There may or may not have been another light blue towel that may or may not have been used as a drop cloth for painting...and is no longer show worthy.  (oops, sorry hubby!)

Gotta love the over the toilet thingy I got while in college and spray painted 'oil-rubbed bronze' to match!  If you don't have room over your toilet but would love the storage, my husband and I but it on an empty wall in our old apartment and stored our hamper underneath...concealment (sort of) for dirty clothes AND storage...SCORE!
Onto the other wall...

Why, yes...that is the faux window art I showed you how to make here.  I just love it!

Now, one more shot of that AWESOME shower curtain.


 I cannot reiterate how much I LOVE this shower curtain (from Target, online).  I've never seen anything like it before. It was a wedding gift...and one that will be around for a good while!

Now, if this were a house and not a rented apartment...those walls would be painted FOR REAL!  However, it's not...and they aren't.

I hope you've enjoyed the tour of our guest bathroom.  Be sure to come back next week to see what room I've conquered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...