10.21.2010

cumbly goodness

My husband and I are quite the loyal fans of Starbucks' Reduced Fat Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake...we're hooked!  But honestly, it cost too much!  We treat ourselves every now and then to come coffee cake goodness but still it's hard to fathom how much annually we spend.  So, being the creative and thrifty wife I am I went to looking online for a recipe!
I found this recipe online and decided to give it a whirl!  I followed the directions given on the site and it was actually very easy.  However, when I made my topping, I accidentally melted the butter rather than getting it to room temperature.  It wound up making a pasty mixture rather than a crumbly one.  So, when I finished with the cake recipe i just mixed in the 'topping' mixture, it gave a swirl effect to the cake.  I then topped the cake with brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon.  I had to cook the cake 45 minutes to get it done.  The recipe said only 30 minutes, but that wasn't working for me!
This recipe was simple to follow and used such common ingredients.  Both my husband and I love the cake...and Starbucks will be feeling the loss soon enough!

1 comment:

  1. JP and I love this treat too. So if we use this from now on, Starbucks will be feeling the loss even sooner Mwahahaha! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...