2.28.2011

sweet treat

I've seen these little treats all over 'blog land' lately and I knew I wanted to give them a try, I just didn't have an opportunity to do so.  My friend Bethany loves marshmallows (marshies, as she calls them!).  Her birthday was a few weeks ago and I knew that this would be the perfect birthday treat for her!  While I was at it, I made some Valentine ones also, for my co-workers.  These little treats  were SO simple to make and they all loved them.  This is a treat that would be perfect for children.


What you need:
Marshmallows (I used Jet-puffed, they have some SUPER huge ones that would be great for making lollipops)
Almond bark (candy melts)
Sprinkles, candies
Small bowls for sprinkles and candy

Optional:
food coloring
lollipop sticks



What to do:
Melt your candy coating in a small bowl.  I chose to use white rather than chocolate.  You could use either and these would still turn out great.  If you decide to use the white Almond Bark, you could easily add in some food coloring for some extra customizing.
Pour your sprinkles into the bowls.


If you chose to make marshmallow lollipops, put the sticks into the marshmallows now.   If you chose not to make lollipops (like me) then skip this!
Grab a marshmallow and dunk it in the candy coating


Immediately dunk your candy coated marshmallow into the bowl of sprinkles


Set the decorated marshmallows aside, for the candy coating to dry


I used bright colored sprinkles for the birthday 'marshies'


Package these babies up, and you've got one sweet treat.  These could be made for any occasion by simply changing the color of the sprinkles!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...