3.04.2012

German Chocolate Cake Frosting



Yesterday I shared with you the recipe I used to make German chocolate cupcakes.  Today, it's the frosting.

 This recipe was so simple and did not take long to make at all.  The ingredients are common and nothing crazy that I would never use again.

I made cupcakes rather than a layered cake.  So, I decided to cut my cupcakes in half and put a layer of frosting between the two 'layers' of cake.

Here's how I did it...


What you need:
 6oz can evaporated milk
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 egg, beaten slightly
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup pecans, chopped

What to do:
Combine milk, sugar, butter and egg in saucepan.  Stir constantly and bring to a boil


Remove from heat and cool for a few moments

Stir in vanilla, coconut and pecans


Cut each cupcake in half (creating a top and bottom...not two sides)

Spread the frosting on the bottom half of the cupcake, stack the top half on and spread a layer of icing on the very top

There you have it...German chocolate cupcakes in under two hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...