2.04.2012

PI&DI: loaded potato soup

I know it's been a while since I've posted a 'Foodie Friday' post but trust me, this one is worth the wait!

I wanted a quick meal that was yummy and satisfying...but most importantly warm!  It was one of those super cold and rainy days where you just want to curl up and do nothing...but when you're moving in less than a week that's just not going to happen!

I found a recipe for homemade loaded bakes potato soup on Pinterest and I've made it a few times.  I know I haven't posted it, I have made it a few different ways and want to perfect it before I share with you bloggies!

This soup took me about fifteen minutes to cook and left me plenty of time to pack.  Here's how I did it...



What you need:

2 cans of Cream of Potato Soup (I used Campbell's)
Bacon
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheese 9I used mozzarella)
Milk (I used whole milk)
Salt and Pepper

What I did:

Chop up your bacon, cook and sit aside.


Follow directions for cooking the soup



Mine called for emptying the contents of the cans in the pot and add two cans full of milk.  It looks a little gross with the chunks of potato, but they cook down and the soup thickens!

After a few minutes of cooking the mixture on medium high I added in a heaping spoonful of sour cream....or two!


Next add in some shredded cheese, I had mozzarella cheese but you can use any kind of cheese.


Stir the soup until mixed well.  Add in two thirds of cooked bacon pieces


Serve topped with a few bacon pieces and some shredded cheese.  You could even add some green onions...they just aren't well received in our house!  I guarantee, in no time flat your bowl will look like this....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...