8.19.2011

Foodie Friday: one poppin' treat

It's been not even a week since I finished with my summer job (working at a youth camp) and I haven't had a day with nothing to do since.  I'm loving it...being productive is so much more fun that procrastinating.  Who would have thought?

Well, since I've been back I have been trying my hardest not to get sucked into Pinterest for hours on end...but, it's SOOO easy to do.  While I enjoying all the beautiful things and clever ideas I came across a few recipes I wanted to try.  I then realized how full my recipe pin  board was getting and decided that I didn't want to have a board full of recipes and not intent on making them all.  So, I've set a goal.  My goal is to make at least one new recipe a week.

I know that before this summer I was doing a 'Friday update' in which I updated you on changes in my house.  I've decided to tweak that a bit.  From now until eternity...I stop finding recipes I want to try every Friday will be Foodie Friday here on my blog!  Aren't you just so stinking excited?  I know, me too!

This week I want to start off with a quick and easy appetizer that I made and devoured rather quickly last night.  I made jalapeno bacon popper...minus the jalapenos and double bacon!  Here is how I did it


What you need:
1 can Crescent Rolls
Cream Cheese
Bacon
Jalapenos (if you like that kind of thing, chopped up)

What to do:

Chop uncooked bacon into small bits and fry as you normally would.


Unroll crescent rolls and lay flat on pan

Cut each triangle in half, so that you will make 2 poppers out of each triangle.  The recipe I used didn't give directions on exactly how to cut...so I just did it...and made some rather large poppers and some tiny little poppers


Put some cream cheese in the middle of each triangle.  There is no specific measurement as to how much to put...do what makes you happy!



Put some bacon bits on each dollop of cream cheese as well as a piece of jalapeno, if you so choose.


Wrap those babies up and pinch each popper close


Bake for 10-15 minutes on 350 and enjoy!  Sorry I didn't use my nicest looking pan for this...it was being used for dinner!

So, I realized once I started writing this post that I didn't take a picture of the finished product.  I was so exciting about eating those puppies that I didn't even think about it and they disappeared way too fast to snap a pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...