8.06.2011

life update

Well, summer is almost over and so is summer camp.  Which means I will be able to craft and blog more!  As much as I love working at camp I also miss my craft times!  I mentioned about my anniversary in some earlier posts, it was July 30th and my husband flew me out to California to see him!  Talk about an AWESOME first anniversary.  I haven't traveled much...at all so it was pretty much the most exciting thing ever! 

I flew into L.A. on a Friday afternoon and drove to where my husband is stationed, about an hour north west.  I felt like I was in a movie driving down the PCH!  The traffic was ridiculous but, it allowed me more time to enjoy the scenery.  I got to my husbands base and got settled in and we went to Santa Monica for a date night.  We spent the rest of the weekend thrift store and boutique browsing and just spending time together.  It was such a magnificent trip and the best way I could think of to spend my first anniversary.  We celebrated our actual anniversary on Saturday with a trip to a Japanese Steakhouse...our absolute favorite kind of restaurant EVER!  On Sunday we make eggs and toast and went to a Salsa festival then walked along the beach and grabbed some pizza.  Sunday night Matt had to head back to his dorms.  
Monday morning I woke up bright and early to see Matt one last time before he comes home in just under two months.  He was wearing his 'soldier clothes' (as I so lovingly call them) and it was so hard to say 'bye'!  Though, we're closer to the end than the beginning...he'll be home before we know it!  I flew back on Monday afternoon and arrived Monday night.  Tuesday morning I headed back to camp and there I stayed for the week.

Just one more week of camp left for me then I have to get a real job...booo!  However, I am excited about different opportunities and doors God is opening in my life and we are so excited to see what the next year of our live together holds (no, we aren't talking babies over here!) and where God will lead us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...