4.20.2012

Foodie Friday - Taco Pie

As you may or may not know, I LOVE (and by love, I mean adore with most all of my being) tacos!  I loved taco night growing up, I am always up for a Mexican restaurant, when I worked at a summer camp, Taco Tuesday was my favorite night.  I'm telling you... I. Love. Tacos!

I am always looking for new ways to prepare my tacos and 'spice it up' a bit.  Taco Ring (find the recipe HERE) is a staple at my house.  I love that stuff!  Recently I found a recipe for a Taco Pie and I just had to try it.

Here's how I did it...

What you need:
1 pound taco meat (chicken, pork, beef...whatever you want however you cook it)
Tortilla Shells
Pie Pan (I recommend glass, all I had was a round cake pan and that worked just find also)
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Shredded Cheese
Desired Toppings (Sour Cream, Tomatoes, Onions)

What to do:

Cook you taco meat like normal...use your normal taco seasoning and all that jazz


Spray your pan with the non-stick cooking spray all over and place two tortillas in the bottom of the pan



Sprinkle some cheese on the tortilla


Spread a layer of meat over the cheese


Sprinkle again with cheese


Repeat until the pan if filled and your meat is gone.  It took me two layers of meat and cheese


I added a layer of cheese on top of the pie as well


Bake for 15 minutes or so, until the cheese is melted and golden on top


Take out of the oven and cut up that pie or servin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...