7.05.2012

Pinned and Did | Sharpie Lampshade Redo

It's been so long since I've actually done a craft for my house!  I've worked on just about everything else in the world lately, it seems!  Though, the other night my husband left to go play basketball with some of his friends and I decided to get a little crafty.

I have seen and even pinned the writing-with-a-sharpie-on-a-plain-lampshade-thingie and wanted to try it so bad.  We rearranged our tiny living space not to long ago and I had the perfect lampshade for this project.

This little project probably took me a whole twenty minutes to complete and turned out great!  I used the lyrics to our first dance song so, it's pretty special to us!

Here's how I did it...


What you need:
plain lampshade
pencil
sharpie marker

Oh, what's that?  You love my little tray and candle holders in the background?  Why thank you!  I snagged those at Target...on the clearance isle no less!


What to do:
Find the lyrics, poem, saying or whatever you want to put on your shade.  Write the words on the lampshade using the pencil

I wrote about half of the song lyrics on the shade in pencil and got impatient...once you  have it all written in pencil then simply trace over with the marker


...aaaaaand there you have it!  A customized lamp shade for pennies!  I'm quite pleased with the outcome of the shade and can't wait to make a few more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...