12.25.2010

merry merry Christmas

Well, it's here!  Christmas Day!  And, in just a few short hours it will be gone again.  I hope this Christmas day finds you happy, joyful, merry and bright but, most of all I hope it finds you grateful.  Grateful to a merciful God who was so willing to send His Son to this Earth to be born of a virgin and live a perfect, sinless life only to be persecuted, tortured and killed.  Christmas is a time of peace, love and happiness.  I hope you take time this Christmas to reflect on the peace, love and happiness that God affords to all who will believe on Him to deliver them from the strongholds of sin.
This Christmas, as you watch your family and friends open their presents with wonder and delight I pray that you will remember the gift that was sent to Earth so many years ago in the form of a sweet little baby boy laying amongst animals in a stable for the sole purpose of being nailed to a cross as an adult.

I just want to share one more thing, this may be a bit silly but, oh well!  My favorite Christmas song is one by Relient K, it isn't a traditional Christmas song.  I know that most of you will not go out and listen to the song, if you do...that's wonderful!  So, I am going to post the lyrics for you to read and I hope you are touched by the words as much as I am.

Merry Christmas

Relient K - I Celebrate the Day

And with this Christmas wish is missed
The point I could convey
If only I could find the words to say to let You know how much You've touched my life
Because here is where You're finding me, in the exact same place as New Year's eve
And from a lack of my persistency
We're less than half as close as I wanted to be

And the first time
That You opened Your eyes did You realize that You would be my Savior
And the first breath that left Your lips
Did You know that it would change this world forever

And so this Christmas I'll compare the things I felt in prior years
To what this midnight made so clear
That You have come to meet me here

To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me
In the hope that what You did
That you were born so I might really live
To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me

And I, I celebrate the day
That You were born to die
So I could one day pray for You to save my life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...